Sunday, December 26, 2010

I have been fortunate . . .

Look, I am an adult and I think that I am sensitive to other people and how they go about their business. I respect people and their private lives. I don't call after 8 PM and I don't call before 9 AM. Hell, sometimes I don't call, I just write an e-mail and I then wait for the response.

Whenever I send an invite via Facebook, I tell the person that I want to be friends with, who I am and why I want to be friends. I think I am rather clear about it. I make no bones about it and the person accepts or doesn't. The only time I don't ask, is if I know the person.

I have been friends with someone on Facebook for some time and I finally asked them if they would do the radio program since they have a movie premiering in late January 2011. In the note, I told him who I was and I asked him to do the program. Within minutes of the e-mail, I was blocked and I did not get a response! Wow. In the note, I even stated that if it was inappropriate for me to contact him via his Facebook account, I asked for forgiveness and if he could direct me to the proper person so that I could contact him for an interview!

I have a radio program that is growing in size and popularity and I believe, his fan base would have attended this interview and would have appreciated the chance to interact with him.

I guess not.

It is not for me to say who it was, but I will say this: as this program grows and as it gains popularity, I won't forget this snub. I just don't forget stuff like that, but I won't be out to slam the individual, but really, he didn't have to be a jerk about it.

Speaking of snubs, I was also snubbed by Michael Hinman from SyFyPortal - he said that he would be on back in 2009 and he just didn't show. Never called, never showed. Now, I see, his radio program is back, yet again. He states: "We're back!" How many times is this now, three, four times that you go away and then come back? Just watch, his radio program will stop again and down the road, he'll declare: "We're back!"

Lame.

Oh and all of my interviews are live, not recorded.

Oh, I also found out that the audience numbers for NDB Media are more than his. I also know because he doesn't state them as I do. Too bad, mine are real, yours are . . . well, small - I guess that is why you go away and then come back again and again. Try again.

No comments: